
Hello, all.
They say timing is everything. It just so happens that I finished this piece a couple of days ago... who knew that it would fit perfectly with the Illustration Friday topic? :)
I have been working on this idea for over a year now, with lots of frustrations. There is something about working on an idea on your own that feels a lot like learning to ride a bike. You spend so much time trying things that don't work. It can be daunting, to say the least.
All that being said, I have the first of what is to hopefully be several images of the legendary John Henry. This is the eighth version of this image. I have learned lots about taking reference pics, sketches, using tracing paper to plan space, research, and my ongoing developments dealing with my oil/colored pencil technique.
Have a great week!

No comments:
Post a Comment