
Driving home today I started to smile. The Outfield came on the radio. They were singing "I don't want to loose your love tonight."
Now, regardless that this is a great song and I haven't heard it in ages, it got me remembering a part of my life that was kind of forgotten. Not really lost but it just never comes up.
Yes, when I was in college, I was in a band. (Probably everyone else was too huh?) And no, we never played out anywhere. That just never seemed to be the point.
I don't remember the name of the band. I only remember the members' first names - Paul, Henry, Mario, Brian, a drummer who I can't even picture, and me (the keyboard and backup vocals girl).
We practiced once or twice a week in the basement of one of the campus buildings. We were loud. We had fun. We played the same songs over and over until we got them right. And it kept me out of trouble :) Well, at least some.
But that Outfield song was one I remember we played a lot. A very lot. And I never got tired of it. The male singer (Brian) we had was amazing and could hit all the high notes.
Nowadays, I sing to the radio and in the shower. If I get near a karaoke, my hubby wants to crawl under the table. It's not that I sing bad - he just hates attention of any kind. I also sing in my classroom to the kids sometimes. (silly stuff) And then I sing when I am with my sister. Or my dad. Or my mom. (We all sing) And then of course there is Guitar Hero.
I bought hubby a shirt a while back that says "I'm in the band." (of course, I am the groupie this time!!)
Fun stuff.

No comments:
Post a Comment