I'm anti-single awareness day. I do, however, love Valentine's Day! And not just because a cute boy made me breakfast this morning and is taking me out tonight. I've always loved Valentine's Day. It's a day to think about the people you love, spread a few smiles, a day of small gestures that remind people how special they are.
Most in my position refer to this day of love as Single Awareness Day.....mostly because the day is symbolized with kissing couples and chocolate and roses....and their lack of a significant other to spend the day with makes them much more aware of how alone they are. I know this feeling. But in my book,Valentine's Day isn't nearly as bad as Christmas, or family vacations, or even those nights you come home and your feet hurt so bad and no one is there to rub them.
I refuse to let Valentine's Day be victim of my single marital status. And I refuse to let it be a reason to not be proud of who I am.....sans husband. What a great day to put yourself away and show all the wonderful people in your life how much they really mean to you. And if you really want to make yourself feel good, divulge a little and send yourself some Florida-grown flowers (your choice) and get your favorite dessert. You deserve it after all :)
So to all of you people I love (yes you),
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!
....you mean the world to me. Love you!
Love Me

No comments:
Post a Comment