In the midst of a crazy time - nothing huge, just the economic breakdown, worrying about the security of my job, changing wards, looking for a new place and dealing with the ever-continuing pressures of dating - there are little things that can make each day so amazing. Last week was full of them. Funny what small, seemingly unimportant, things can make you smile. Here were a few from the week.....
*Getting the coveted parking spot next to the door at work.
*Finding my favorite hair product that no one carries anymore.
*The nice people that gave us their two extra tickets to the Symphony for free.
*The cute boy that subconsciously knew I needed a Jamba Juice and surprised me with one.
*Bumping into an old MTC elder from my distict at the random ward I went to on Sunday.
*The little girl that smiled at me in the elevator.
*Feeling the sunshine in the middle of winter.
*The day of back to back awesome songs on the radio on the way to work.
*The 5 for $5 deal on cereal at Harmons.
*I made steak for the first time and could actually eat it (a huge accomplishment).
*The girl with the South African accent that made me think of Sam who made me think of his awesome wife and my good friend Tanya. (big smile)
Maybe it's just a matter of being aware. I hope I can be more aware of those little things. I'm sure there are so many more I haven't realized.
What made your week?

No comments:
Post a Comment