MARI

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Finishing Projects So I Can Finish My UFO's!

I'm trying to finish some unfinished projects. Only they are not mine! I'm doing this so that I can finish mine---does that make sense? I want a clear slate to clutter up with my UFO's! Last week I finished another "Martha Quilt", and this week I finished the quilting on my friend Barbara's beautiful batik wallhanging.

Black back of quilt shows the Lush Leave panto from Willowleafstudio.com

This quilt had been waiting on me. It's after the holidays, and no excuses. So it's done. Yaaaah! Now---onward!

Maybe now I can really-truly challenge myself to finish some of my own projects. That is why I joined the "One Project a Month Challenge". It looks like I will have more than enough projects for the coming 12 months---maybe more. I opened plastic bins, dug in the closet where I keep tops that need quilting. Have you did this? It was a surprising to actually see the projects that I have never finished. Some of which I had not looked at for years! Oh-My!

Today I finished the Bunco Coaster Set for my daughter-in-law. I'm sending them off to her tomorrow. Hopefully she won't see this post. These are a embroidery designs from Aunty M All done in the 5" x 7" embroidery hoop. She and her friends love to play Bunco. I hope she will enjoy these. I hunted for a cute round basket to present them in, all I could find was this unfinished wood holder at Michael's Crafts. A bit of dark green paint! and it works! I found the cute Dice buttons at Etsy.com. Hot glue and stick on lettering added the final touch!


No comments:

Post a Comment