So I survived the first night. I got a good nine hours sleep, but at 1:30am here (6:30 pm for ya'll) I was wide awake, but I just waited it out till I fell back asleep. Today there is an Austria talk and then we are all taking buses to Admont to tour the monastery at Admont, eat lunch at Gasthaus Pirafelner, and attend Mass. Admont is about an hour away from here.
The view outside my window is the courtyard and where people would arrive if coming in. Past that is part of the town or maybe houses, not sure. It's neat too look at them, because the buildings are designed different in America, and there is smoke coming from all of their chimneys. It's like a movie! Past that are big mountains, they are very pretty. I can't see it from my room, but if I am outside, behind my dorm, there is a huge mountain basically right there, it's kinda intimidating, but it's neat to be near something so big.
It is cold outside, and just a very light layer of snow. My jacket is working nicely. This morning at breakfast, Rebecca spilled water and we didn't realize it had gotten on my jacket. She saw it later and then we made a joke of it because she felt bad because she spilt it on there but my jacket is waterproof so it didn't affect it at all, hehehe.

No comments:
Post a Comment