After orientation today, we toured Gaming on our way to Mass. I was able to see where many things were including several banks, a grocery store, a produce store, the post office, the town hall, and other historical marks. The parish at Gaming, which is dedicated to Saints Phillip and

James (but referred to as the parish at Gaming), was beautiful. It was also very old and there Christmas decorations were up still, as I have noticed in the other churches I have been to. They all so far decorate for Christmas with gold, and not red, like I tend to see more in the states.
This is a sewing supplies store (shown above) less than five minutes walking from the Kartause (where I live). I'm excited about that, but I have not gone in it yet.

This is a punishment pole that people used to be published publicly. It is the only one left in the city.
Painting of Saint Leonard in the parish at Gaming, patron saint of cattle (for all you country folk).
This is the organ at the parish at Gaming. When Mozart was six years old, he played on this same organ.
Mom, this picture of the organ is just for you.

Notice the clock that is built on it, it is neat.

This really struck me. Below is the creche scene with a painting. Notice above it all the angel statues. The painting is very large so you can imagine the angels are life (baby) size as well. It is incredible to see in person.
This is Ashley and me. She is from Waco.
No comments:
Post a Comment